View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 16, 9:51 am
bostonpilot

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, UAL 1K
Hello all-

I've been reading through the forum and could use some clarity from you on the property. I'm a Hyatt guy and have stayed a few times at the HR Delhi, but given the logistics of this trip I figured an airport location made more sense. I arrive at 10:30pm internationally, leave again the next morning on a 7:00am flight, return back that night at 10:00pm, and leave again the next morning on another 7:00am flight, both domestic. So, basically a airport base camp for a couple of days and therefore the ride and cost to/from the Hyatt didn't make sense - thus the JW despite having zero status at Marriott.

I'm sending the hotel an email to ask about their car options per the suggestion a few pages back, but would prefer a more reasonable cost option. Taxi seems reasonable to me - is this the consensus?

As for the lounge, I see from the forum that it is open 24 hrs/day, but can you clarify what "open" means? Does this imply that food/drinks are available 24 hrs/day? I'm trying to decide if I pay the premium for a club level room. I'd basically be using it for odd hours meals before the to/from to the airport.

Given my flight time hassles, are there suggestions for a better located airport hotel than this? This is in the middle of a 12 day, 7 country, 15 flight segment intense Round The World business trip, so I'm not interested in a budget option at the expense of comfort/ease, but for this part of the trip hassle free transfer and yet not feeling ripped off (eg 2500 INR for what should be a 300 INR 5 min taxi ride) is the priority.

Thanks!