View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:16 pm
Cloudship

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Here is where to get it

https://www.massdot.state.ma.us/high...MAProgram.aspx

What kind of disaster, Cloudship? Other locales have gone cash-free already
I didn't realize they were going ot have kiosks. That is great! unfortunately, looking at the list none of them are any places I would dare go, but at east they have kiosks.

As for the disaster, Unlike most locations, we will not have a cash lane where a traveler without a pass can pay, or even a way to prepay (ala California). And here, you HAVE to use the toll to even get out of the airport via either tunnel or the bridge. And to go west of Boston, again unless you know the back roads and are willing to drive city streets, you end up having to go through tolls. The disaster is that now anyone either visiting someone, tourists venturing out of the city, or business people visiting customers or offices out of the city, now add a $5 a day to their trip across the board, because you have to pay for the toll pass for every day, not just when you use it. And, for those tourists who don't know this or how toll passes work, and we know how great a job the rental agencies do about telling people information up front, they are going to get hit with high penalties. Dollar and Thrifty charge $15 a day if you don't sign up ahead of time! Then again, most people forget there is life outside of 128.