FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - lifetime Choice Elite Gold status for 1 million lifetime points earned!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:11 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Choice lifetime status is apparently a thing.

Today I got a letter awarding me lifetime gold status for earning one million plus points from stays. Nice reward, unfortunately I am no where close to one million even counting purchased points. The cost to Choice is pretty minimal given my less than frequent stays and the limited benefits so I am hoping they don't rescind the offer and call it a marketing effort.
How do you know you are nowhere near one million lifetime points? (Lifetime points is all points earned over the lifetime of your account, even if you no longer have them today.) Did you go back and count all the points you ever earned (whether you redeemed them or let them expire) since you joined Choice? Do you even have records of that? (Did you start in Choice Privileges or its predecessor Guest Privileges?)

A bunch of people got that letter in a short time period in 2012, when the lifetime program was apparently started:

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 15, 2016 at 8:19 pm