FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:55 pm
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
YYC now really has two in-aiport Marriotts -- this brand new Marriott right in the intl terminal, plus a huge Delta Hotel attached to YYC's domestic terminal via walkway. (That one's a 1970s-era hotel. Nicely reno'd, but nothing close to it's new neighbor.) That's a lot of hotel rooms built into this mid-sized airport!
Last I heard, the current plans are to close the old Delta airport hotel, demolish it, and turn the vacated area into a parking garage to go between the two existing parking garages. Not sure how soon this will happen, but it is in the plans.

BTW, the new international terminal is very nice and spacious inside. I was there a few weeks ago commissioning some systems there. Going back hopefully next week to finish things up. Maybe I should get them to put me up in the new Marriott?!?!