FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to add MSP?FCO and DTW/MUC for summer
Old Sep 13, 16, 9:43 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
Not much to cannibalize on the the AMS/CDG/JFK -- at least from my opinion -- but perhaps I'm too particular.

AMS: I used to connect through here all the time on my way to DUB but this no longer seems to be a marketable connection (used to be able to connect with EI which no longer seems to be available for DL bookings). Give me a long haul on A330 and a short haul on a 737 and I'd fly it -- as I've done many times in the past but although the flights exist it's no longer bookable.

CDG: This is the only practical connection for hitting the long-haul flights out of SEA first. But absolutely no thanks for being forced on the Avro RJ85 (City Jet) afterwards. I did it once and unfortunately doing it one more time with an upcoming trip but it won't be done again after that (I'm not a fan of the Avro's nor am I a fan of transiting through CDG).

JFK: No way I'm flying 6+ hours on a 737 to JFK just to connect for another 6+ hour flight (A330/767). Immediately out of the question, especially the time of year of some of my flights -- potential WX nightmare.
JFK - You can fly 757 and normally 1 or 2 of them are lie-flats in F.

CDG - The ARJ is one of the most missed RJs that has ever flown in the US. I'm not sure if City Jet reconfigured them, but they had plenty of F and the Y class wasn't crowded. Plus in the configured Mesaba flew them for NW the Y cabin had a couple of Y seats with no seat in front of it due to the misalignment with F. Of course NW had to operate the ARJ with F because of the NW pilot contract. It couldn't have any more total seats then what it had or it had to be mainline and not regional operated. Also a lot of people liked it since the wings were overhead, allowed for better views.

AMS - EI isn't a DL partner, and with DL operating service to DUB it makes no sense to sell an EI flight. Although if you book using a KLM fare you can get booked on it, but of course won't earn DL SMs.