FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closing the Smoking Section Forum [Update: it will stay open]
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:56 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by tcook052
How can a forum that sees almost no posts be beneficial?
The content which is posted there serves more as a repository of valuable announcements posted by FlyerTalk members for smokers rather than typical discussions; and the views — while not exactly matching the numbers of the TravelBuzz forum — tend to support that.

The specific purview and format of that forum where the content posted there would be restricted by certain guidelines was outlined and known prior to the creation of that forum.

Interestingly, I have not seen one smoker on FlyerTalk who posted that he or she believes that the forum is useless; serves no purpose; and that the forum should be closed. Rather, I have seen quite the opposite: strong support by them to keep the forum open.

As it is more of a specialty forum which serves a specific demographic which otherwise would not be properly served — rather than a “mainstream” forum, for lack of a better term — that is good enough for me to support the continued existence of the Smoking Lounge forum.