FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closing the Smoking Section Forum [Update: it will stay open]
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:50 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The Smoking Lounge is one of the subforums listed under the Special Interest Travel forum, which caters to FlyerTalk members pertaining to such specific categories as religion, sexual orientation, disability, and health and fitness which basically are otherwise not a good fit in other existing forums.

In my opinion, the topics of those subforums do not detract from the general purpose of FlyerTalk — rather, they serve specific purposes for a growing membership; and I believe that they should remain on FlyerTalk. To remove them would potentially isolate those FlyerTalk members who benefit from their use and need those subforums to travel smarter and better.

That includes the Smoking Lounge forum.
^ Bolding mine: I could have bolded the entire post and in my opinion, I couldn't agree more* ^

*I post this as a smoker and not as one of the co-moderators of The Smoking Lounge forum