FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BC Wine Trip- Spitoon Version
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:15 am
iceblueshoes

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Day 2

The next day I met up with my sis again and we went to North Vancouver (which I didn’t know was it’s own city) and then Granville Island. Both were cool funky places and I wouldn’t mind going back. Granville Island certainly has a different vibe than St. Lawrence Market here in TO. Having said that, there were some funky items and vendors/shops.

Heheh

I agree!

Interesting...

I saw the world largest “small” apple fritter… insane.

My arteries loved it!

After splitting w/ my sis (she had to get to UBC to attend a lecture) I decided to explore Canada Place and Coal Harbour.
Got to see the Olympic Cauldron and an 8-bit lego looking whale.

After that it was back to the hotel for a quick bite before meeting up with some high school friends. Some I hadn’t seen in over 6 years. We met up at the Vancouver Urban Winery.

It’s got an interesting concept in that they make some of the wines on site, but that all the grapes are sourced from different places throughout BC. Since I was going to be heading to the Okanagan the next day, this was a good place to get an introduction as I’d only had a handful of BC wines before.

Nothing spectacular, but none were terrible...

My mini review, the place is interesting (but closes at 11pm on a Friday night. ...?!) but the wines I felt were simply average. No harm, no foul.

When I posted my comment/review on tripadvisor, management replied that they have to close early because they're considered a restaurant and not a bar. Def needs to be changed IMO.

Anyways, after being a bit too late with my friends catching up, it was time to get back to the hotel before heading out the next day.

The wines await!