FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EC261 for a DL flight paid by KLM
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:26 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by najrob
Hi
toady I received an answer for my claim filed on delta.com for a EC261 compensation. The answer came from KLM and they offered me a 800€ KLM voucher or 600€ in cash if I have a european bank account. I happen to have one but still, it is frustrating because I cannot add the KLM voucher to my skymiles wallet and use it as I go. For most US domestic flights, booking through KLM is more expensive or not all flights offered on delta.com are available. I could call KLM and try to book over the phone but thats a hassle too.
I thought Delta would offer a voucher I can use for them or the cash ; I might as well go with the cash now and I am still happy that the whole compensation process was fast and without arguing but still.
Did that happen to anyone else before too?
You can call DL and book using a KLM certificate. It will require some extra work, and a transfer to a desk that handles KLM issues specifically at DL. However, it should be doable.