FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel domestic or international with our 3 yrs old?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:44 am
Blueskyheaven

Travel domestic or international with our 3 yrs old?

Two of us have been to Asia with our then 2 yrs old for about a month. We are a budget traveler and just like to take trip once a year during the winter season and eat at local restaurants or stalls. Caring for him wasn't too hard because we took a suitcase full of baby food like earth's best that can be eaten right out of the jar or the pouches.

Our son now is 3 yrs old but he can walk and he is playful but autistic child.

We thought about Asia once again but not sure if we can manage it. He has to eat regular healthy food that should be cooked and no longer do we give him any packaged baby food. Unless I order meals at the hotel or eat at fancy restaurant which we can't afford anyway, I think food will be one of the main problem for our child. You know at home, we always cook fresh healthy meals for him that he can eat and likes.

So my option this year is a domestic trip within US? Maybe stay at a hotel that has kitchen? We haven't been to Hawaii or Disney. Is that a good option? We would like to travel for about at least several days to 2 weeks. Thanks for your suggestions!