FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - From Erbil to Wroclaw with a Yakovlev 42D
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:01 am
Marc42

Talking From Erbil to Wroclaw with a Yakovlev 42D

Hello to all the members of Flyertalk, I'm Marc from Catalonia, Spain. I work for an Airline called Five Airways, we operate Yakovlev 42D registered in Ukraine. I'll try to writte all the trips that I'll do onboard our Yakovlev 42D, hope you enjoy!

It was 4AM when the sun rose behind Jabal Karukh mountain. We were off to our European destination, Wroclaw city, passing through Dalaman. Our reason for flying this time was the Pope’s visit to Poland.

By 4:30AM, we had arrived at the boarding gate. From the terminal, we could see our aircraft, a nice and special Yakolev 42D from Five Airways, which looked brand-new and strong from the Erbil airports’ platform.

A bus picked us up and took us to the aircraft at 04:45 in the morning.

Our aircraft was the Five Airways’ flagship aircraft, the Yakolev 42D, registration number UR-COD.

Once sat down in our seats, the crew served mineral water and some snacks to make the wait until departure more enjoyable.

It took 5 minutes to get to runway number 36 and, punctually, we took off at 5 o’clock. The three powerful ZMB Progress D-36 engines of the Yakolev 42, took less than 10 minutes to reach 8.500 meters above sea level, cruising at speed 280kph. The length of our flight was estimated to be 3 hours.

We landed at Dalaman airport at 7:55, 5 minutes earlier than scheduled. In less than an hour we were off to our final destination.

During the flight, the Five Airways cabin crew served breakfast. Every single staff member was so kind.

When we were flying from Dalaman to Wroclaw, we flew trough a thick cloak of clouds.

We could spot part of its old town and the famous Wroclaw Sky Tower whilst approaching the airport.

From the finger that linked the aircraft to the terminal, the crew members said goodbye and wished us a nice stay in Poland.

Thanks for reading!

In our blog is posible to read all about our trips: weflywithfive