View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 16, 7:49 am
  #13  
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 19,241
Originally Posted by SEUS777 View Post
How on in the world would the employer or IRS ever find out if you switch seats mid flight? Tell your wife to enjoy the ride up front and worry about more important things!

Fraud?
Come in tired and they ask why you're not refreshed. Not thinking you say it was a bad flight and accidentally inform them you were in coach when they know you were paid to fly D1. Talking with HR or AP for reimbursement of expenses and accidentally mention it. Someone from work also on the flight sees what happens, etc

The risk is low. However its still a risk, and is still a fraud upon the company and the IRS by not reporting it. The risk/benefit ratio may mean it's worth it. However even 99% odds of nothing happening mean that 1% something does.
flyerCO is offline