FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OLCI denied for GRU
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:51 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
When I flew to Berlin in August, I couldn't check-in online. I tried everything. . . . App. . . . 2 different browsers. . . . Called the DM line - they couldn't see anything wrong . . . . Web support couldn't see anything . . . .

Day of travel, I figured that I better get to the airport early. I was running a little late, then some unexpected traffic. I was figuring on a 1 hour cutoff for int'l check-in, even though I have been told that it's 1 hour for PIT/CDG, for example, but, PIT/MSP/AMS is 30 minutes. . . .

So, I arrived at the ticket counter at about T-1:15~. I told the TA to expect some issue. NOTHING! ZIP! NADA! He checked me in with ABSOLUTELY no issue, and even checked my bag thru to TXL with a 23 hour overnite in AMS!
You have to be checked in 1hr before international flight. In your case, your first flight isnt international, and DL like most airlines check you in for the connecting flights at the same time. Thus you where checked in hours ahead of the deadline for your international flight.