FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Grand Prix Transfer Time
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:10 pm
SuperCarnitas

Programs: UA MM, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by mrvincent
I think that we'll do some GP related stuff Friday and then avoid the general area on Saturday to make our exit as smooth as possible.
Regular visitor for the Singapore F1 GP here. Not to be too much of a motorsports enabler, but I do think you can see Saturday quali and get to the airport in time to check your baggage.

Seat location will matter: You'd want to be on either Padang A or Stamford grandstands (Map here), and access the track area via Gate 3. This is located right next to Raffles City shopping center and City Hall MRT station. *Not* adjusting for the flow of crowds after the race (but quali attendance is *much* lower than race itself, and I'd imagine most of the crowd will head to the included Bastille concert that immediately follows) you can certainly walk briskly from the grandstands to the train platform in 15 minutes.

Say quali ends 22:00, you're on MRT platform at 22:30, back at hotel 23:15, hail a taxi (the rest of the city functions quite normally during F1 weekend) and in SIN terminal 24:00. Generously timed, too.

Might it be slightly stressful? Sure. But as a motorsports enthusiast I'm a huge fan of SIN GP, partly because it's so incredibly easy to access, in an incredibly efficient city. You can do it!