FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice please re booking J open jaw-ish reward ticket
Old Sep 1, 16, 5:36 pm
1Newflyer

Originally Posted by TimMinYYZ View Post
One option for the outbound will be to fly LOT and connect in WAW. I've never flown LOT and wouldn't be inclined to experiment except that doing so would save hundred$ in scamcharges. Online reviews of LOT J seem to be mixed. Any thoughts?
I would take LO J over most carriers for its seats and service flying to Europe. I did not experience AC 789 yet but AC overall is hit and miss. In the last few years I did
WAW-ORD,
YYZ-WAW,
WAW-PEK,
WAW-NRT
and enjoyed all of these flights.

Another point: if you want to safe money fly on the same ticket from CDG-BCN rather than making it an OJ. For example: all J for 2

YYZ-VIE-CDG OS
CDG-FRA-BCN LH
BCN-ZRH-YYZ LX/AC on 789

Fees are $1850 for 2, but are lower with the first leg with LO at ~$1400 and if you can get to LO on the return it will be reduced again by $400, I bet. I have used the multi-city tool and arbitrary dates for this example. If time or money is important to you then you play around with options accordingly. I booked next year's trip for 2 with 2 stops in Europe and 1 stop in Canada for ~$600 (including booking) by avoiding AC and LH when possible.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Sep 1, 16 at 5:41 pm