FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closing the External Miles and Points Resources Forum
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:33 pm
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is there also a parallel to those who want smoking forum closed to discourage smoking?
or not be seen 'encouraging' smoking (or 'encouraging' certain content in EMPR forum)

CMK10, are you saying there has never been anything of value posted in EMPR?
if you are not, then i dont see how it does not get into moderation, rather than forum

edit >

on second thought, my wording is unfair. presumably question is re respective percentages

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don't see why EMPR should be shut down, given what else goes on here -- including in the miles and points sections.
the only difference would be title/subject of forum?
closing forum moves content, nothing more.

wasnt one of the points of the forum to have place for 'commercial DOs' ?
those and everything else would get dumped into travelbuzz?
how do travelbuzz (etc) moderators feel about getting all EMPR threads?

closing a forum is a lot more complex of an issue than opening one.

also, if people do not want to read whatever content they do not want to read about EMPR, isnt it better to have it consolidated in one forum? where posts/threads on rest of FT can be moved into that forum? rather than seeing the content one does not want to see in every forum?

assuming closing a forum will achieve complex desired goal is a big assumption.

re parallels to other forums, seem to recall some want information desk closed because of frequent 'tell me how to do awards' threads. but again isnt it a lot better to have a forum dedicated to that, where they can be moved to? rather than not having a dedicated forum?

and that many are unaware of content in TSS forum demonstrates point - it is easy to 'ignore' certain forums.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 3, 2016 at 12:08 pm