FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Beijing {CHN}
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:38 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Currently at the WA and I have to say I am very impressed with the level of service here. We booked a King Deluxe Terrace room and was upgraded to King Deluxe suite (~750 sq ft room). The Hilton Gold benefits at the property are as follows:

One room upgrade
Complimentary breakfast for two
100 RMB beverage credit at Peacock Alley (basically one free cocktail)
15% off at both property restaurants including Zijan Mansion which is on many list of one of the better Peking duck restaurants in the area
15% discount for spa services
Welcome amenity

Diamonds receive similar benefits with two differences - two room upgrade and 200RMB beverage credit. Diamonds are guaranteed 4PM late check out, but I did receive 4PM check out after asking.

All in all - I have been very impressed with the level of service here - hasn't even been 24 hours and almost everyone knows me by name. The general manager even prepared an handwritten a welcome note, which was waiting in my room along with the welcome amenities. When we arrived, they asked for my passports then within two minutes we were whisked to our suite and the check in process was done from the couch of our room rather than at the hotel lobby.

Breakfast was very delicious, not massive or extravagant like the Conrad Bali, but you can tell they sourced the best ingredients in town.

Highly recommended. Location is solid too.

Last edited by golfingboy; Aug 31, 2016 at 9:47 pm