FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:27 pm
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by mikex163
What was the part that I can't get the bonus that you didn't get?
Getting a card without a bonus is not churning, no matter how you put it - OK, you get $150 back in the first year of membership (and is potentially churnable every couple of years - upgrade to CSR, downgrade next year, upgrade again in 2018), but that's not exactly a big offer to get very excited.

If you take the time to go to the thread that I mentioned there's plenty of folks like me: can't get the card if 5/24, but will upgrade because of what it offers. Some people just because of the $150 in the first year, a bunch because it makes sense to pay the $55 over the CSP.
I'm glad you are happy with your decision, but that doesn't take away from what mentioned: the miles and points bloggers love the card. Churners also like the card. Lucky falls into the first category, you fall into the later. He has his reason, you have yours.

And just because you don't think it's a good card doesn't make it a bad card.
For a lot of people is a fantastic card (for me it's the best, replacing the CSP which was for me the best until now), with 100k bonus (at least $1500!) it's a terrific card. Overall I think it's quite a stretch to say that is not a good card, but to each his own.
I never said it wasn't a good card. I'm just pointing out that people should be suspicious of why it is the current darling. I think everyone here knows why.

And the Amex Platinum doesn't offer PP with guest access, guests pay $27 (https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...umprioritypass). Even if it did, it would be a third card offering that, far from being ""given out with most CC these days".
I just said PP is given out with most credit cards, which is a fact. The level of PP is so variable amongst them. You may be right about it being the only one with free guest entry, I don't know. I have had PP for about 10 years through credit cards and have never used it. Not once. So, that feature of CSR is worthless to me.