FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU 261/2004 Compensation with AirBerlin
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:22 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by southsidesilver
My flight was delayed today leaving ARN-DUS, it basically just departed late , arrived into DUS late and I ran from the plane to the gate and they had closed the door on my flight to LAX and despite me asking, they said there was nothing they could do.

So i'm now stuck in DUS for the night. I went to Air Berlin ticket desk and they rebooked me tomorrow via LHR to LAX on British airways.

Do i have the right to claim EU261/2004 ?

Any help would be great
You have cross-posted in violation of FT rules. You have great advice on the other thread and ought to follow that advice.

As to Snangel, he will have to file in Germany. Can't file in the US courts because AB has not violated US law and US courts only enforce US laws.

While I share the generalized views above that turning these claims over to the bottom feeders is bad policy, there likely isn't a better alternative given the relatively small amount (it's EUR 600, not 1,200 as it is one ticket and it is the delay at the "final ticketed destination" which the rule speaks of). But, EUR 450 is better than nothing and time is money.