FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Zanzibar REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:47 am
pnq91

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
I stayed here recently on a weekend trip. Booked under a corp rate but used a DSU since I still had 3 to burn this year.

Property was very nice, my favorite part was how the rear deck was right on the beach. Service was actually decent considering it's Zanzibar, and no major hiccups during the stay other than overzealous housekeeping and the breakfast staff forgetting my order.

I was upgraded to a very nice suite (1000) on the edge of the property, it was quite large and had ocean views in the living room while the bedroom and bathroom towards the front of the property had a balcony that overlooked the front courtyard. The living and dining areas had vaulted ceilings which were a nice touch. The Expresso machine and pitcher of water were also refilled daily.

I have a feeling this may have been slightly nicer than a suite up in the main building, but the privacy was great as well as the convenience to the pool and deck. Breakfast for Diamonds is the buffet they have, hours are until 10:30 or 11 which is nice if you sleep late. Egg dishes can be custom ordered but I was unsure if they had an additional menu to order off of in addition to the buffet.

Out of all my DSU redemptions this was for sure in my top 3. I didn't use the property much other than the pool, deck and breakfast. But I left the property impressed. For $220 with my diamond benefits in comparison to the $150 at other comps on the island it was a no brainer.

I stayed in Stone Town my whole stay, its nice for one or two days but that's it. It appeared many other guests here were doing day treks to other areas of the island.