FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great BA customer service.
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:26 am
MickV

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Great BA customer service.

So I was on the 8.45am flight this morning to LHR from Dublin. CE and then onto First later in the day. Checked in online yesterday. For a host of reasons I arrived at the check in desk at 8.02am. Was told I had missed the deadline for checking in bags and the flight was now closed. I pretty much begged the lady to check with the dispatcher, which she did, and it was a no. Was told because I had checked in online I could take my bag 'down there' and send it cargo or leave the bag behind I had no option to leave it behind (unattended bag in an airport??). I trot off and speak to the guys 'down there'. Bag would take a week to arrive, which is longer than the trip. To top it off the flight was delayed 10 minutes.

This was now 8.14am. Frantic phone calls to the gold line and the agent I got started with. Those are the rules and you are late. Fair enough. I went into a bit of a DYKWIA mode but very polite and explained the situation. Gold onwards in first blah blah blah. Then said that basically it's the first time I've had to call to do something like this and i needed help. If he couldn't is understand but I'd appreciate whatever he could do. There was then a pause and he asked if I could get to T2 as he had changed me to the Aer Lingus 9.40am flight and that the later flights have been protected. He then thanked me for being pleasant! Got to check in. Bags checked on and BP issued. Told I could use the lounge and fast track. The BA agent then called back to ask if everything had gone okay.

Truly impressed by BA this morning. I was in the wrong and they helped!

The ticket agent at the BA desk made two Chinese girls behind me buy new tickets to Shanghai.