FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA says ticket has been issued, CX says it hasn't - what to do?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:34 am
mfhstid

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Find out your ticket number, either by calling BA or perhaps via classic.checkmytrip.com on the e-ticket tab. Then see if the CX website throws up the same details. Unfortunately the CX website does not allow you to just enter the BA ticket number, but you may get some clues via the PNR.

Since you've already rung several times, your best bet is to go to the airport about 30 minutes before you normally would, try to check in there. If you hit a problem then call BAEC, or get CX to do so. So go armed with the relevant telephone numbers.
Thanks for the response and sage advice. I know the ticket number already. Checkmytrip and the like show clearly that the ticket applies to HKG-MAN only. The outward journey has been removed from the ticket by BA, but continues to be visible in the reservation.

CX is renowned to be slow and pretty poor on the ticketing front on Avios bookings. I was relentless in contacting them. See CX for details. Call their Hong Kong or London offices.
I'm not convinced this is any way a CX problem. It's simply that BA made an erroneous change to an existing ticketed reservation. CX staff have been helpful and knowleadgable in their responses to me.