FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Litts tick-off Europe before Brexit- 1)Majorca- LHR-ZRH-PMI Swiss Euro Econ & Biz
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:49 pm
louislitt

Programs: Amex Centurion, B.A. Silver, Virgin Atlantic Gold, C.X. Diamond
LHR-ZRH Swiss Euro Econ

Sch. Departure:13:45
Actual Departure:14:17
Flight time:01:10
Aircraft type: A320 Sharklets
Aircraft Reg:HB-JLT
Sch Arrival:16:40
Actual Arrival:16:45
Load: 90%- 160 Pax, 4 Cabin Crew, 2 Air Crew

After scanning our boarding passes, we proceeded to walk down some escalators towards our jet bridge.

Wonder how much these guys spend on advertising at Heathrow?

-JLT

We boarded through one door and as we began moving down the aisle heard the cabin crew request that all boarding passengers move quickly to ensure that we can request a departure slot- new experience for me!

My view *Our* view for the next 1 hour and 10 minutes

The seat

I tried to get my Go Pro working but once again it turned into a "stay" pro as it didn't really want to work.

Taxing out for departure

Budgets are running tight at BA- Only 1 meal for Econ pax and now paint is scarce...

Not today

Need to get on one of these before the final flight!

More BA

Waiting to get on the Runway

27R was the departure runway for today

Airborne

To take a line from Queen "I Want to break free"

Legroom was quite tight.

At 16,000ft the Crew began service and the vegetarian option on this flight was a cheese roll

Still climbing

They then proceeded to give us these chocolates

View from the front

Very rarely were these screens showing a moving map. Most of the time, it was just advertising new Swiss routes and the new CS100.

By the end of the flight I could tell you everything you wanted to know about the new Edelweiss short and medium haul flights to Birmingham

Quite soon after the crew began to collect our rubbish and momentarily after the seatbelt lights switched back on

Gates for connection

In awe at how stunning the outskirts of Zurich were

Don't get any of this at LHR

Touchdown!

Happy Swiss Gentleman

We pulled up at the gate, said goodbye to our crew, (or so we thought) and began our 55 minute connection at Zurich.

Exactly one year later I was back on Swiss soil. Great to see you too Switzerland, its always a pleasure :-: