FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - issues with Hyatt gift card
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:22 pm
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by azepine00
Sorry you have to deal with this mess...

Perhaps you should try to work with seller to trace it with Hyatt rather than filing in SCC - given so many accounts of GC funds vanishing it is very possible that the seller sold it to you as advertised (and if not, i have no clue how you can prove it at this point...)

If that person still sells hyatt GC or anything else on ebay they should be interested in sorting this out rather than risking reputation... Perhaps hyatt will send a replacement if this can be traced as with many other reported cases.

It is really Hyatt we should blame for continuing problems with their currency - they should find a way to fix this...
Thank you

Hyatt has taken a totally adversarial stance since I contacted them citing the original buyer's privacy and confidentiality. Which is fine and dandy except it might be the original buyer who is committing the fraud. To be honest with you, I find that Hyatt is ultimately responsible for this mess that many find themselves in. The T&C of these E Gift Cards are written in such flimsy manner as to allow such fraud to be perpetrated.

Last edited by Kalboz; Aug 22, 2016 at 5:27 pm