FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:36 pm
chinafish

Help! Possible delay with connection RIC-ORD-LHR

Hello all,

I'm at RIC waiting to board my flight AA3325 to ORD, scheduled departure 1503, scheduled arrival 1617. (Booked using avios on BA site)

I have a later flight ORD LHR AA46 at 1920, in business class. I have already checked in online. (Separate reservation, booked using etihad miles on the phone)

1. At bag drop I asked the agent to check my suitcase through. This was refused. I had no other options than to check it to ORD and reclaim it then check it again for the later flight.
(Should I have insisted the bag to be checked through?)

2. The incoming plane is now expected to arrive at 1452. So I think my "on time" departure of 1503 highly unlikely.

Can anyone advise what my game plan should be on arrival at ORD? It will obviously depend on the actual arrival time into ORD...

On arrival at ORD, I would need to go to baggage reclaim. By doing that I would need to leave airside and go to landside, right?

Is it then a mad dash to get to an AA check in counter to get my bag checked and through security again? Would I have enough time? Would any AA agents give me assistance? Or am I pretty much on my own?

There is a later AA flight (AA98), and a BA296 that goes from ORD to LHR. Am I within my rights to request to go on either flights if I miss my flight? I know that because I am flying on separate tickets I'm not technically on a connection...

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Fish