FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 1K thinking of changing to Miles and More...should I do it.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:27 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
UA 1K thinking of changing to Miles and More...should I do it.

Ive been a 1K with UA for over 25 years and have flown 3 million miles of my UA account. For the million mile program, UA does not count code shares.....its 3 million BIS miles on United

Howevermost of those UA operated flights were before the merger, Although I still keep 1K,AT LEAST 75% of my flights are now on UA code shares operated MOSTLY by LH and other partners (I fly First of business only and won't waste the money on UA when I can fly LH instead under UA flight numbers, getting full credit towards 1k

The bottom line is last year I flew 143,000 miles credited to UA but 99,000 of those miles were on LH or LX, 23,000 miles were on partners such as SQ, etc and I only flew 21,000 miles on actual UA flights (Since UA gives double credit towards elite status on premium fares (even P), my statement shows 43,000 miles flown on UA (SO INSTEAD OF 143,000 PQM'S MY STATEMENT SHOWS 254,000 MILES.

Since I now fly LH more then any other carrier (except EK), doesn't it make sense to change to M&M or is the UA program really better. One nice bonus of changing to M&M is I can get F awards on LH and LX and in the case of LH I don't have to wait to within 2 weeks,

IF I contact M&M and let them know I want to switch, and sow them a few years statements, will they possibly offer me some kind of status match

Is it worth changing to M&M since I fly LH much more then UA or should I stick with UA since I get double Elite qualifying miles on all Biz/first fares, even on LH

thanks