FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:46 pm
paperwastage

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm still thinking about whether this card will be worth it after the first year. I count the $300 travel credit as good as cash, making this a $150 card. Are the benefits worth $55 more than the CSP? To be, a PP isn't worth that much as I've only been to their lounges once in the past 2-3 years I've had a card with lounge privileges. The loss of the $100 round trip credit hurts. Is 3x travel and dining worth that much more than 2x? My wife and I put about $15-20k/yr in those categories, which would be an additional 15-20k UR, but I might just keep the Citi Premier and use 3x there instead. The other major benefit is 1.5c per UR when booking with Chase. Still thinking how about we'll figure into my travel plans as well.
well, which program works for you? UR vs TYP (redemption partners etc)

trip delay/interruption/cancellation might be better (eg trip delay, CSP is 12hour or overnight. CSR could be better)

but since we don't have the full details, need to wait for Chase to actually release the details