FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YUL-ZRH-TXL in LX J and F
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:25 am
WestAust

Finally LX86 ZRH-YUL in F

Boarding was quick and efficient even though the plane was full on that day.

Got seat 2G in a full F class cabin

Divider Up during the flight

The storage area for jackets and clothes which also serves as the door to close the Suite of the aisle.

Cabin during flight

Had a Pre-departure drink of the lovely Laurent-Perrier Grand Siecle, which is pictured here with the amuse bouche served later, this is a cheese cake and beef tartare

The menu and wine list for today's flight, there was also another main course not listed on the menu of Rösti and Jura Sausages

Let's start with the first course, Balik Salmon, Lobster medaillon and Jura meats

Followed by the Vichyssoise Soup and Duck Crostini, with a glass of Viognier Les Guillembergs

And then the Saddle of Rabbit, great meal, the rabbit was tender and really flavourful. The FA recommended the Chateau d'Auvernier Pinot Noir to go with the main course, usually not a fan of Pinot but this was a great pairing! Also, the FA brought two bottles of the wine, one that was opened on the previous flight but offered me to open a new bottle if I wanted.

And lastly the cheese selection, which I paired with 2 glasses of the Sauterne! If it wasn't for the fact that I had to drive upon landing, might have gone for a few mores!

The new 777 are equiped with inflight wifi, in F you get a voucher for 50mb of free data, a value of 19CHF if you were to buy it. Not that fast, not a lot of data, but enough to send a message to the wife saying i'm on my way!

Great service from all the team, since this was a flight to YUL, all the cabin crew were speaking french as well as german, english and one of them Italian, fairly young crew also, and all very eager to serve you.

Hope you like this review!

Last edited by WestAust; Aug 15, 2016 at 1:26 pm