FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:03 am
BringBackTWA

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by NTP9766
The backlog may be clearing up. I applied for my latest platinum card on 8/8 and received the welcome letter on 8/13. That said, I'm still waiting for the card, but if history proves accurate in my case, I should get the card by no later than Wednesday. Your experience with a backlog does have me a little worried, because I'm seriously considering using one of my two targeted mailers to apply for my 6th platinum card in the next week, as I have a big vacation coming up and would likely be able to hit the spend pretty quickly. I'd have to wait until tomorrow to apply, just to be safe.
From an approvals standpoint, it appears to be business as usual from my perspective. I applied this morning (8/15) online from a targeted mailer and the application went to pending. Did the typical call in song-and-dance with Citi and was approved within a couple of minutes on the phone. Just my data point.

Will report back if my welcome letter and/or card become significantly delayed.