FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:46 am
YYCowboy

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
[Spain] Hotel Indigo Madrid - Gran Via

What is your Priority Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard (did not specify bed type), was told I was upgraded, received what looked like an Executive room on the 9th floor with a Queen bed (they claim it was a King).

How are the rooms? Nicely furnished, strong A/C, would be a bit cramped for 2 pax or if you had a large suitcase, but I was solo with a carry-on only, so no complaints.

How is the exec. lounge? None on property, they had a 'Sky Lounge' by the rooftop pool open to all guests, pretty small, I went up for a peek but did not stay.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

- Clean, modern room, strong A/C, slept like a log.

- Friendly front desk, was able to check in at 11:30 am upon arrival, got a good shower in and hit the ground running on a short weekend getaway. Big thumbs up.

- Perfect location for tourists right next to Plaza del Callao. Was able to take multiple breaks from sightseeing throughout the day with the extreme heat.

Bad:
- 2 extremely tiny elevators that take forever, probably a 3-4 minute wait on average.

- Housekeeping was quite slow, only needed it one day, went back for a break at 3 pm and room still wasn't cleaned until 5 pm.

- Wifi not usable with VPN, ended up using my prepaid-sim instead.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Decent value, the minuses were minor annoyance and did not detract too much from the pluses, might try the IC next time but wouldn't rule out a return here.