FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closing the External Miles and Points Resources Forum
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:42 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by CMK10
That's only part of my argument. My larger argument is that it reflects badly on Flyertalk as a whole. We have a forum where grown adults come to call another blogger gay. Is this something we want as part of this website? I certainly didn't think so. I was elected to represent the interests of this website and this is something I feel is better suited not on our site.

Lastly, I'm not sure what you're implying with your second line. I have no love for bloggers (in fact, Gary Leff blocked me on Facebook for some of my comments).
I feel you are misrepresenting the totality of what is posted in that forum.

The vast majority of posts are substantive analysis of external points and miles resource post content, style, logistics and reliability. Very helpful in judging what to read, what to believe, what events to attend, etc.

Do posts sometimes dwell on minutia such as missing apostrophes? Sure. Just like sometimes flyertalkers dwell on minutia such as how warm the warm nuts should be served on a domestic F transcon on AA.

We're nitpickers. That's just how flyertalkers roll!