FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Close time b/t cruise arrival & flight departure
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:21 am
eajusa

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by teddybear99
Unless a ship is delayed, which rarely happens, the port opens at 5 am, and all ships are docked no later than 6:30 am. Once ICE clears the ship, disembarking usually starts around 7 am for all ships. If you need to disembark early, do not leave your bags out to be picked up the night before. You will need to walk them off yourself and be ready to go at that time. Every day it should take about 20 minutes to MIA at 7-8 in the morning as you will be going against rush hour traffic. 40-60 minutes to FLL as you will be mixed in with the rush hour as you pass the County line into Broward.

You should not book a flight before 10 am to allow time to get to the airport check-in and clear security, however I have seen people make their 9 am flights without issues.
You were absolutely correct on all points. NCL Escape docked shortly after 6. I disembarked at 7 and was first through customs. Got first taxi and was in airport at 7:30. I had no one in front of me at security and was in the Delta SkyClub by 7:40, almost 3 hours ahead of flight. I did not even need my running shoes as suggested by another poster.