FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid SIM - UK/Great Britain/England/Scotland/Wales
Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:11 pm
Joe758

SIM card for UK and Austria

We will be spending 4 days in the UK followed by 4 in Austria and then 1 more in UK before returning to USA.

My wife and I both have unlocked iPhones and were looking to get SIM cards for our phones. Looking over the choices here, I'm ready to go with three, whom we've used before and were satisfied with the service and price.

I'm looking for simple data usage, Email, Facebook, checking directions and reservations. She'd possibly need a little more data for some FB live videos and the like. The Feel at Home roaming is a nice feature as it means we'd be able to only pick up 1 sim card for our whole trip instead of having to get another one in Austria.

Looking over the plans, I'd think the All in One 10 would be good for me and the 20 would be better for her. I'm a bit confused about what they mean about top up. How do I purchase this? Do I need to get a sim separately? Do they sell these packs as marked or do I just buy 10 or 20 GBP of credit and then convert it to these plans? How???? The website doesn't do much to help *they seem to think everyone knows how the system works already*

Thanks for any help.