FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - August 2016: Citi limit 1 personal card bonus per program (AA/EX/HH/TY) in 24 months.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:35 am
Doctor of Credit

Originally Posted by adambadam
It's worse than the title suggests:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-ci...lton-citi-typ/

It seems to be going across all brands. RIP churning with Citi.
Thanks, sorry I can't update the title. If a mod could that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by aarif1
At least the AA biz card looks to be separately tracked, right?
Correct, fingers crossed for more business cards from Citi!

Originally Posted by pacolovestacos
No I don't think that's correct. It's one bonus per brand per 24 months.

So you can get a Citi TYP bonus tomorrow, a Hilton bonus tomorrow, an Expedia bonus tomorrow, and an AA bonus tomorrow, but you will have to wait 24 months before getting any sort of bonus again.

Regardless, Citi was my least favorite bank for points anyway. They're almost worthless. The only good thing, for me, was the ability to transfer to KrisFlyer to maximize redemption opportunities combined with my Chase and AMEX points.

I think at this point though, churning is essentially dead. I'd have to wait 2 years from now to get Chase UR. I've almost maxed out AMEX's once per lifetime policy, Citi is no longer churnable, Starwood is on the way out the door. All that's left is BoA for Virgin Atlantic and Alaska.

I highly suspect BoA will be next to put in an anti-churn policy.
That's how it works according to the fine print, it's based on if you've opened or closed a specific card within the past 24 months. Sign up bonus isn't mentioned (emphasis mine):

American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles not available if you have had any Citi / AAdvantage card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.