FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - August 2016: Citi limit 1 personal card bonus per program (AA/EX/HH/TY) in 24 months.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 12:15 am
pacolovestacos
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
Does this mean that even if you sign up for a Citi CC with no sign-up bonus (i.e. premier or preferred) you still won't get a bonus if you sign up for a Citi card that has a bonus within 24 months? So no Hilton or AA points for me even if I sign up for a card with no sign-up bonus? that's....kind of awful.
No I don't think that's correct. It's one bonus per brand per 24 months.

So you can get a Citi TYP bonus tomorrow, a Hilton bonus tomorrow, an Expedia bonus tomorrow, and an AA bonus tomorrow, but you will have to wait 24 months before getting any sort of bonus again.

Regardless, Citi was my least favorite bank for points anyway. They're almost worthless. The only good thing, for me, was the ability to transfer to KrisFlyer to maximize redemption opportunities combined with my Chase and AMEX points.

I think at this point though, churning is essentially dead. I'd have to wait 2 years from now to get Chase UR. I've almost maxed out AMEX's once per lifetime policy, Citi is no longer churnable, Starwood is on the way out the door. All that's left is BoA for Virgin Atlantic and Alaska.

I highly suspect BoA will be next to put in an anti-churn policy.