FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:03 pm
bucketlist

Programs: AA EXP
How to get back E500's, how to complain

Two E500's were pulled last week for CLT-MKE, even tho upgrade not requested. (was called to gate agent - "here's your new seats")

Realized a few days later that E500's were pulled for my SO, on same PNR.

Called EXP line - the AAngel was puzzled at my request for the return of the purloined instruments, since I'd flown in F. She said she couldn't help, and the only thing to do was to send an email to customer service.

Called EXP line today, got transferred to customer service, rep seemed to understand my concern and agreed to put 2 E500's back (they haven't appeared yet, but presume they will).

This is 3rd time this has happened in recent years. So far, AA pulled 6, have gotten only 2 back...

Not sure what's the best thing to do - once new seats are assigned, trying to restore the status quo may get you bounced far back to a middle seat, as your original seat assignment is presumably no longer there.

AAngels used to resolve this over the phone (the one time I quickly got my E500's back was pre-merger call to EXP line), but now you'll get puzzlement and some misdirection, to email customer service.

Think the best way to handle is call the EXP (or other status line) and ask to be transferred to customer service, where you can talk to a person. Suggest that in addition you take the next step.

COMPLAIN TO DOT:

Suggest that when it happens, in addition to asking for a "refund", let DOT know of this practice, file an on-line complaint - the link is:

http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm

AA likely will review the DOT complaint, but the DOT is not going to make AA do anything, unless they see a pattern...