View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 04, 7:44 pm
KyRoamer

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Question Hotel Choice/ Shopping/restaurants

I have a meeting (4 nights) at the Omni San Francisco Hotel and need to stay there or nearby. I will be traveling with my wife and want the stay to be special. Any thoughts about the Omni? If I stay at the Palace (Starwood) or at the Park Hyatt or Hyatt Regency I can likely get upgraded. Is any of them nicer than the Omni? I may be able to get a deal at the Mandarin Oriental, but would likely have to cover about $50 / day out of pocket. Is it worth the extra?

The Omni looked nice enough. For points I'd prefer the Palace but I could not get a feel for it. It seems a little further away from the Omni than the others I mentioned.

If I failed to mention a great choice, let me know. I have not been in San Francisco for about 10 years and my wife is as eagar to check out the shopping (she likes high end discount outlets) as I am the restaurants. Any shopping or eating tips will be welcomed. We like sea food -- raw or cooked, oriental and other ethnic fare and would like a romantic setting at least one of the nights.