FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Censoring Negative Reviews
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:34 am
Dazedwards

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Why assume that because someone posts a negative review that they are also looking for some sort compensation? That seems quite cynical. I write negative comments about a hotel in order to inform my fellow travelers what to expect. Moreover, many times I do not have the time to voice concerns while I am at the hotel but will find the time several days or weeks later in the form of a selfless post on TA.
I have left negative reviews at both the Hilton Sheffield and HI Birmingham, the two of the most negative reviews I have ever written.

I paid the bill in full on both occasions, even when offered a drinks discount from hilton sheffield and free breakfast from the holiday inn Birmingham, I refused both as I had had the drinks and drank them and also didnt want breakfast respectively.

If I am looking for any compensation I just go straight to customer care and clearly state the points if any that are below the expected service or value of what I paid and ask for the delta to be compensated.

A shambles of a place and you have only paid $39.99 for a room that provides $39.99 worth of value, should be put down to the fact that I chose the wrong place. but i will still leave a negative review with the valid points. I think its down to perspective on what you pay to what you get or are informed you are getting. Any difference should be compensated.

A negative review that is factual should not always acutomatically trigger compensation or be used to get compensation.