FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:25 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by pWei
I'm travelling BOS-FRA-ICN on F, arriving at 6am and have a ~12 hour connection. Planning on a day trip to either Frankfurt or Mainz.

Would love to refresh up and have breakfast upon arrival. Perused some FT threads and my choices are airside lounges where I deplane (likely Z3x-6x), welcome lounge, or slogging over to the FCT.

- Will F lounge breakfast food be better than welcome lounge?
- Wait for bathrooms? Welcome seems to be a better choice for this.
- Pressing - Is this a Welcome Lounge only benefit, or does FCL/FCT offer this as well?
- Carryon bags - Would love to stash this at the airport instead of lugging it all around the city - Are my only options to (1) stash it at the main terminal FCL lockers and head there on my return (and forgo FCT, car transfer) or (2) to head over to the FCT and stash it there?

Thanks.
-Yes, F lounge breakfast is MUCH better than welcme lounge
-Welcome has plenty of bathrooms, but those in F are nicer. If all you seek is a quick shower, both will do just perfect.
-Yes, Welcome Lounge only from what I know
-You're not supposed to leave your baggage in the lounge when you head out. Your risk to take - otherwise, spend a few € and use a public locker. In fact, that would be the only solution that would allow you to use FCL on arrival and FCT on departure.

Also, the FCT is for departing only - while they'll not detain you like in MUC ( ) you'll not get very friendly faces when you want to leave landside from there again. In fact, you'll have to take the security check there on top when getting in, which you wouldn't have otherwise when using the FCL A (arriving clean)

Here is what I would do: Use FCL when arriving (in A most probably, as you probably arrive in Z) - then head out for the city/cities.

Come back to the FCT before your flight (Best by train, arrive main terminal, pick up carryon, continue short walk to FCT)