FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:47 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs down ARN T2 - Aurora Menzies lounge

Name of the lounge : ARN T2 - Aurora Menzies lounge

This was my 2nd vsit in this contract lounge. I remember i was not very enthusiastic about it the 1st time, but this one was even worse. A total scandal . I arrived about 1.5 hrs before boarding and every single place was full of dirty plates, glasses and leftover food/drnks. The staff was just starting to collect all this when I arrived and it took them a while to do it and, obviously, it had not been done for a long time.

Location : facing gate 67, go upstairs, turn left and cross the restaurant (yes, it can be confusing when you arrive upstairs as it is not obvious to guess that you have to cross a restaurant to arrive to the lounge).

Opening Hours : 5:15 am to 9 pm

Entry requirements : usual AF/KL requirements.

I precise that the pictures below were taken after the (long) cleaning process !

Food offer : see text & pics below

Drinks offer : see text & pics below

After looking for not-too-dirty place to seat, if you want to eat or drink something, then another interesting moment starts…
Nothing to eat except a few remaining (non-appealing) slices of ham and cheese (all stands and shelves were totally empty ).

Desperately so empty...

To drink something, your 1st battle is to find a glass. There were none clean during almost my entire time in the lounge . I finally found one but…water…where is water ? No bottle. I asked and they showed me this (just a discrete sign in Swedish…) to have tap water…

You want wine ? Here it is (see pic below ) and even if you are not discouraged to the liquid you expect from this, don’t worry as it was empty and remained empty during my entire stay. So I sticked to tap water…

They bring a cheese tray, but…too bad… it was just minutes before my boarding

Hopefully, my flight was in dinner time and I was in J, so I was expecting a good tray on-board.

Services
Wifi: Yes
Showers: don’t know but I would say no
Toilets: yes
Quiet zone: no
Loungers/sleep area: yes
Business area: no
Spa: no
TV area: no
Passengers are called: no
Information screen: yes
Newspapers: yes

Other information
Number of seats: about 100 ( ?)
Level of noise: low
Design: different styles of seating/furnitures. I’m not a big fan personally.
View: no
Multi floors: no
Terrace: no
Smoking area: no
Direct boarding: no

So a pathetic experience. This is the only lounge in this terminal, so airlines have unfortunately no choice. I hope AF/KL do not pay too much for this crap. I have sent a complaint to AF, but 1.5 months after, I am still awaiting a response from them.