FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice BRG: now $50 gift card
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:40 pm
thunderdeacon

Programs: Choice Hotels
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
20 hours after submitting my claim under the new system, I received a reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for participating in our Choice Hotels’ Lowest Price Guarantee Program.

This program has been designed to allow you, our valued guest, to receive the best possible online rates at over 5,000 Choice Hotels International properties worldwide. We have located the published rate that was submitted on your claim form and are pleased to let you know that your reservation confirmation number ********* at the COMFORT INN & SUITES in ************* for arrival on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 for 1 night, has been approved for our Lowest Price Guarantee Program.

The rate on your Choice reservation has been modified to match the nightly rate of $51.20 USD found on www.expedia.com, and a $50 Reward Card will be sent to you within 45 days after completing your stay.

You will need to contact the COMFORT INN & SUITES directly for the details about the refund process for your original payment, because you reserved a prepaid advance purchase rate.

Please print a copy of this confirmation letter and bring it with you to the hotel. Kindly note, any changes made to the reservation may void this rate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always get a tiny rush of adrenaline when my BRG's are approved. I was fortunate that my claim was reviewed the next day and the lower rate remained on the other sites. A few take-aways:

----It states that the $50 gift card will be mailed to me within 45 days of my stay. I will report back exactly how long it took me to receive it.

----On a non-refundable, prepaid rate, it states that it will be the responsibility of the hotel to provide a refund in the difference in price. I will report back on whether or not this was done automatically or if I have to request it, and if so, if it was a hassle or not.

Happy hunting
I received my $50 gift card today, so it took about 3 weeks.