FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:43 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YAK25
Hi, all. We'll be traveling BF on United SFO-FRA. Flight out of Frankfurt is on economy. Wondering if we'll have access to Lufthansa business lounges while at FRA. United website leads one to believe that traveling on BF you have access to their and their partner business lounges, but Lufthansa's website seems to limit access to BF fares that are departing FRA. Does anyone know for sure if we'll have access or not? Assuming we do, what lounge would you recommend for a quick shower? We have only a 2-hour layover.
If you are flying SFO-FRA in BF you should have access to the Welcome (arrivals) Lounge in FRA depending on the time of arrival, though two hours may be a little tight to go through passport control, visit the Welcome Lounge and go back through security and passport control for your departing flight (to DME I assume). There are paid showers airside.

On the way back, we have business fare on DME-FRA, and then economy (for now) on United to SFO. Again, since we are arriving on Lufthansa business (not departing), will we have access to Lufthansa business lounge? This layover is over 5 hours, so I'd like for us to have a quite place to relax and eat. Any recommendations if we do have access? Thank you for any and all insight!
Arriving in Business and departing in Economy does not give you access of a Lufthansa lounge unfortunately. There are many places in Z Pier where you can eat and also some areas where you can relax on the way to gate Z50.