FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Flagstaff, AZ
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:51 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Courtyard Flagstaff, AZ

Stay Report - 8/4 - 8/5

Location: The hotel is located on Milton Road which is at the terminus of I-17 and AZ-89A. It's a few blocks from the Northern Arizona University campus and a mile or so from beautiful downtown Flagstaff. Around the hotel are some chain restaurants, a grocery store and a Walmart. FLG Airport is about 10 minutes away, Phoenix is a 2.5 hour drive.

Hotel: The hotel is an older property and it does feel that way a little. They are scheduled for a renovation in the fall, but until then this is actually a Bistro-less Courtyard! There is a nice enough bar in the lobby as well as the breakfast area and outside is a small fire pit area. Parking is free and ample.

Check In: A very friendly and helpful agent handled it and explained how the Wifi and breakfast (which was included in my rate) would work. An excellent experience.

Room: We were greeted by a strong odor of marijuana badly covered up with air freshener when we walked in...welcome to Flagstaff! The room was nice enough and it did have a desk but the tiny closet next to the TV wasn't worth much. Thankfully the Wifi worked well and there were outlets near the bed. Pretty much all I need, including a free contact high!

Breakfast: Hot items included eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, blintzes and an omelet bar plus pastries, cereal and breads. Not a bad spread but probably not worth the $11.95 they charge, I was glad it was included in my rate.

My rate was $159 with the AAA discount (summer in Flagstaff). I'd be glad to return to this hotel but I'm glad it's getting a refresh in the fall.