FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Share your favorite travel "secrets"
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:46 pm
freecia

Bring two+ of items you'd be totally hopeless without like
1. USB Chargers
2. Cables
3. Meds (especially if you're used to having American OTC options)
Sure, you might be able to find a shop that sells something "close enough" but is it so much nicer to have a backup should you need it. USB C isn't common enough, yet, so bring an extra cable and charger if you have a device which uses it.

Pack a fork (and chopsticks). Bring a favorite condiment. I like shopping in foreign grocery stores. They're often more affordable and time efficient for busy itineraries than sit down restaurants. Sometimes it is also more comfortable to "dine in" in some cultures.

Rent places that have washers and carry a bit of detergent. I still have some detergent sheets but may switch to small packs of pods from minimus.biz when those run out. Shout wipes or tide stick are useful. Fine grain artificial sweetener is good for soaking up oil stains (oh, I so wish I had known this before having a new silk blouse ruined by cruise ship laundry service when they attempted to launder it)

Women specific - panty liners make hand washing underwear easier and great for "freshening up" on long haul flights.

Last edited by freecia; Aug 8, 2016 at 3:49 pm