FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:31 pm
sig05

Originally Posted by B767capt
Wow. Glad I read this. I was looking forward to a 4 day stay here but I think I'll look else where. Wife and I are attending a wedding at the Omni down the road and really want to stay at a Hilton affiliated property.
Don't get me wrong; it's a very nice hotel. I just think that if you're dropping $300/night, you can find better hotels in the area. The deposit really annoys me since you're prepaying months in advance.

I would definitely stay here again, but it's not my first choice for a luxury hotel. Depending on what you're doing, it can be a very nice location and the next door Hilton has a huge conference area. The Bull and Bear is a must-do fantastic restaurant.

The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is a decent option and significantly less than the Waldorf. I guess it depends on what you really value.

The WA just irks me because of the resort fee ($30/day) -

Unlimited Standard WiFi internet access throughout the resort and public areas (excluding meeting space).

Unlimited access to in-room local and toll free calls

Two (2) welcome drinks in Peacock Alley or Aquamarine - [welcome drinks are limited to a few beers and house wine - my emphasis]

Access to the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club putting green, including putter rental
Access to spa & fitness amenities Bike rentals (based on availability)

20% off merchandise and apparel at the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club Pro Shop

10% off pool cabana rentals (reservations recommended)

10% off Spa Treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa

I wouldn't consider those to be great perks