FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:02 pm
eccentricfusion

Originally Posted by muntz73
How sterile is this location? I like the Le Meridien being able to walk out and find a good, cheap Thai massage, etc. I don't need to be right in the middle of the madness but are there people on the street near the W and massage places nearby? a 7-11 or a McDonald's walking distance if you need a snack?
There is a 7-11 in the office building next door. You don't even need to exit the front gate of the hotel, you can see it once you exit the lobby, it is right across the fountain in front. There is a McDonald's near the BTS station around the corner. I didn't go to any of the massage areas around the hotel, but there are a few closer to the BTS station. Since it is more of a business district around the hotel, the ones closer to the hotel seem to shut down early. I'm not sure of the hours of the ones closer to the BTS, but those are open a little later. Then there are tons in the Patpong night market. It's farther from the night life a lot of people go visit Bangkok for, but I appreciated the quieter location. Patpong is only a 10-15 minute walk away and everything is easy to get to by taxi anyway.