FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aborted landing / unexpected go-around experiences and discussion
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:27 pm
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Go Around Very Routine Usually not Considered an Emergency

A go around is very routine, and its not considered an emergency in most circumstances. Its unlikely that anyone would have heard about it even say on the twitter feeds that monitor scanner frequencies. It can be an interesting experience being on the plane, but its not usually reported on. I remember go arounds at LGA and LAS on some of my flights.

That being said you can look at
http://liveatc.net
and look for the archive for Boston Tower. You should be able to look up and download the mp3 of the atc conversations with your pilots and the go around. It would be interesting to listen too and sometimes these are posted also on Youtube with i.e. atc conversations.

Also at least a couple of times a week there is an "alert 2" at BOS, i.e. an incoming aircraft reports some kind of anomaly and the fire rescue equipment is dispatched out to the air field. Logan specifically calls this an "alert 2," in most cases. It could also be something like an a/c hit by lightning. Usually the plane lands, goes to its gate, and then you get a radio message "cancelling the alert 2."

There is i.e. with the OOTunes or TuneIn app you can pull up a
Boston Police, Fire, and EMS frequency
and a lot of the times you can hear these logan calls like an Alert 2, or say an unattended bag.