FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:07 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by BerkeleyPaul
We are staying with a medical corporate code at a Marriott for 15 days. For the first 8 days, we will need two rooms to accommodate our large family. For the remaining 7 days, we will squeeze and will only need 1 room. I understand issues with back to back reservations only getting reimbursed once (a separate issue). The hotel can't officially book them as one room/adjoining online, but as 2 rooms (maybe nearby or across the hall).

Does anyone have any experience with reimbursement in a situation like this? Both rooms are under the Prestige cardholder's name, who is the guardian of those staying in the other room. Would the two rooms count as 1 reservation if I booked them at the same time? i.e. would I be refunded both rooms on the 4th night?
Book nights 1-4 w/ citi; 5th direct under another name; 6-9th w/ citi; 10th direct; etc.

That's the only way to maximize the Citi benefit.