FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:23 pm
In The 216
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I was just discussing with an agent at the 1K desk that I thought service and attitude had gotten better this year. From the Premier desk to the airport (most of them, anyway) to the cabin crews; I genuinely thought things were getting better. And then this. I just can't understand taking away the Platinum's benefit of no change fees.

The stopover change - at first look - doesn't seem to be overly restrictive with the caveat that the illegal stopovers many of us have gotten will certainly no longer be permitted.

I found this comment on the website the most ironic...

Why are you removing the stopover policy?

"Many members found the stopover policy to be confusing. Our goal is to keep the benefit while making the process of booking your multi-city trip easier, so we are introducing the Excursionist Perk, which is a free one-way award within select multi-city itineraries."

I always found that United was more confused about it's own stopover policy than the customers.