FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5.5 Days in the Canadian Rockies - Banff - Jasper and more
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:58 pm
Cassetrop

Originally Posted by mike&co
Stunning scenery - lovely photographs
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Stunning pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted by stu1985
Holy sh!t. That scenery is absolutely spectacular. That you so much for posting!

Oh, and welcome to FT!
Originally Posted by flatlander
Impressive photography.
Thank you! It is amazing out there.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Add me to the chorus of praise - absolutely stunning images.

I'm so happy to see more and more trip reports that tell and show us what the author actually experienced on his/her journey - procedural reports limited to loungesee and aircraft seats are good as far as they go, but it's what happened between flights that elevates reports into something special. ^
Thanks, this post needed to be reviewed by mods and I wasn't sure it would be accepted since I didn't mention the flight experience at all, I just saw it was posted sorry for the late reply!

Originally Posted by mkjr
great pics. the last time i was in the area i was on my way to school from my home in YVR to Toontown.

the pic on the 16 as you can see mt. robson is a sweet sight and was what brought back memories from my drive coming on 20 years ago....
Mt. Robson is very impressive, I wish I had the time and hiking experience to do the hike to Berg Lake, it looks so stunning.

Originally Posted by daKav
Great pictures! I am planning on a trip to Canadian rockies sometime this fall. The google map screenshot is very helpful.
Here's the Google Maps Link and my "quick check list" of places I wanted to visit, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/7XQnbJ

Check List:

Grassi Lakes - Canmore Region
Vermilion Lakes - Banff Region
Johnston Canyon - Banff Region
Moraine Lake - Banff Region
Lake Louise - Banff Region
Emerald Lake - Yoho National Park
Bow Lake - Icefields Parkway
Tangle Creek Falls, AB - Icefields Parkway
Peyto Lake, Bow Summit - Icefields Parkway
Athabasca Falls - Jasper Region
Maligne Canyon - Jasper Region
Maligne park - Spirit Island - Jasper Region

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Not too many cars it seems?

Am I correct it's therefore easy to drive?
It's very easy to drive, I did wait for cars to be out of frame before taking the pictures when I was on the road but it didn't take long for the cars to be out of frame.

Only thing you have to be careful is animals and tourists stopping to look at animals haha.